NEICON main activity aims to provide its member organizations with authoritative scientific information and disseminate scientific knowledge to advance the level of Russian science and education, improve the system of information support in Russia and develop scholarly communication.
Along with main activities, NEICON performs wide educational, scientific and project activities, organizes and conducts scientific and practical conferences, master classes and seminars, and publishes a scientific journal under Creative Commons open access license.
Since 2013, NEICON has voluntarily supported the platform with the Archive of Scientific Journals providing Russian organizations with free access to archival collections of several leading publishers acquired under the contract of the Ministry of Education and Science.
Since 2017, NEICON has supported the Open Access to Scientific Information initiative, implementing the Open Science, Open Access and Open Repositories projects supported by the Presidential Grants Fund for the Development of Civil Society Institutions.
- all interested Russian organizations to become members of NEICON and take full advantage of participation in the consortium.
- all initiative organizations - to partnership in the development of ideas and the implementation of new projects aimed at further development of the scientific, educational and library communities and society as a whole.
- all interested users, producers and providers of scientific information - to join our events both as participants and as co-organizers and partners.
Our scientific and educational events:
- NEICON conferences
- Master-classes by leading information providers and experts
- NEICON Day
- Lifelong learning courses (NEICON School)
- NEICON educational trainings, seminars and webinars on access to scientific electronic resources: content, acquisition, management and use
- NEICON educational trainings, seminars and webinars on support to Russian scholarly journals: publication and development of Russian journals and their advancement to the global space of scholarly information.
- NEICON seminars on Open Access and Open Science under the projects supported by the Presidential Grants Fund for the Development of Civil Society Institutions